Our thoughts are powerful. They can help us laser-in and crush a task or derail us completely. We can recall things quickly to help complete tasks faster, or slow cognitive function can create some road bumps.
Reeling in our thoughts is critical in improving focus and concentration. When we live in the present moment, that's when we flourish.
That's when we nail that job interview, create stronger relationships, or make memories that last a lifetime. Here are some tips to help memory and cognitive function!
1. Play Brain Games
You don't need to get ready if you stay ready. Nothing serves as a bigger focus booster than keeping the brain sharp. Brain teasers are a fun way to support cognition, attention, and focus!
These games keep the synapses in your brain active. They help create new neural pathways while exercising the ones we already have.
Many brain teaser apps will challenge both your long-term and short-term memory. You can also tweak the games to meet your wellness goals.
We highly recommend Luminosity. They are a reputable brand with millions of users. Luminosity has a mobile app and a more traditional desktop app, making it user-friendly for many age groups.
Also, they have one of the largest databases of games. We'll admit, some are pretty addictive, too!
Stress can really clutter up a body and mind. Racing thoughts about picking up the kids or what to cook dinner can throw you off your game. Control this influx of information by practicing mindfulness.
Studies show that meditation relaxes parts of the brain related to:
Meditation improves your ability to focus because it trains your brain to concentrate on one thought. In meditation, that's your inhales and exhales, a mantra, or a visual. Visuals and mantras are excellent tools when following guided meditations.
Regular meditation practice will allow you to weigh the pros and cons more clearly and make more dynamic decisions in the present moment.
When the meditation is over, you will feel less brain fog because it resets the nervous system. Your breath activates your parasympathetic nervous system, giving your fight-or-flight sympathetic nervous system a much-needed break.
3. Time Management
Sometimes it feels like there isn't enough time in the world. There is; you just need to learn to manage it better. We all have the same 24 hours in the day. So, if Oprah or Bill Gates can do it, you can, too!
It's beneficial to plan your day out. Writing down or typing out meetings, to-dos, exercise, meal prep, and other tasks can help you see the bigger picture. It allows you to do one thing at a time so that everything is complete, rather than having a bunch of tiny, incomplete tasks.
A great way to improve your time management skills is with the Pomodoro Technique. You measure tasks in 25-minute intervals, known as pomodoros.
Here's how it works:
- Pick a task that needs to be done.
- Set a timer for 25 minutes (or use a web app like Focus Booster).
- Start working on this task SOLELY.
- Stop working when the timer goes off.
- Take a 5-minute break. Get some fresh air and sun!
- Get back to work!
- Once you have completed 4 Pomodoro sessions (25-minute intervals), take a 15-30 minute break.
Short breaks help defeat cognitive fatigue. Walking away for just five minutes can reinvigorate the brain and improve concentration.
4. Eat Healthier
Brain function depends on nutrition. Many studies are linking the Western Diet and brain inflammation. Diets high in omega-6 fatty acids cut off blood supply to the brain and promote immune responses that destroy healthy brain cells.
Eating foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids can help offset this damage. Omega-3s, namely DHA, help give brain cells structure. They provide cells with the amino acids necessary to help strengthen brain communication.
Consider swapping red meat and packaged goods for fish and poultry. You can also support your brain health with Tranquility Labs' CogniDHA. This high-quality fish oil is formulated with high levels of DHA that maintain healthy brain function.
Lastly, eat more raw foods. Fruits and veggies will provide your body with antioxidants that will help repair oxidative damage to cells caused by too many omega-6s.
5. All-Natural Supplements
Our ancestors have used herbs for focus and concentration for centuries. Herbs contain antioxidants, terpenes, vitamins, and micronutrients. These all help give our brain cells power in unique ways.
That's why it's so important to get a wide variety of herbs in your diet. One of the most efficient ways of achieving this is through premium wellness supplements.
Tranquility Labs' Focusene is the best focus booster for those who want to improve their cognitive function naturally. It is formulated with vitamins, minerals, and herbs for focus that will energize your brain and promote a good mood.
This all-natural focus booster contains:
- Vitamin B6 - Helps Produce Neurotransmitters and Provides Energy to Brain Cells
- L-Theanine - Amino Acid That Crosses Blood-Brain Barrier to Produce Serotonin, Dopamine, and GABA
- Acetyl-L-carnitine - Improves Omega-6 Fatty Acid Metabolism to Protect Brain Cells
- Dimethylethanolamine (DMAE) - Natural Body Compound That Increases Acetylcholine (Ach), A Neurotransmitter Involved with Cell Communication
- Forskolin - Herb That Promotes Adenylate Cyclase, an Enzyme That Converts ATP Energy into cAMP Energy The Brain Can Use
- Dandelion Extract - Can Reduce Oxidative Stress in Brain, Feeds Healthy Gut Bacteria That Promotes Brain Health Through Gut-Brain Axis
- Brahmi - Improves Blood Flow to Brain, Boosts Memory and Cognitive Performance
- Grape Seed Extract - Lowers Levels of Beta-Amyloid, A Plaque Related to Alzheimer's Disease
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf - Promotes Blood Flow to Various Areas of the Brain
- Red Ginseng Extract - Reduces Fatty Build-Ups in the Brain That Can Impact Performance
All-natural supplements are a non-habit-forming way to give your brain a boost. Improve your focus naturally with Tranquility Labs' Focusene. Clear the mind of racing thoughts and race up that corporate ladder to achieve your goals!
- Keeping the brain active is important for improving memory and concentration
- Time management promotes focus but it helps keep on track
- Eating healthier will prevent brain disease that hurts memory and focus
- All-natural supplements provide herbs for focus that will power you through your day
BONUS RECIPE: Ezekiel French Toast
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- toppings of choice
-Heat a non-stick pan over a low to medium. Grease pan with the coconut oil.
-Scramble the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and honey in a medium bowl. Transfer the egg mixture in a pie dish, or low-set bowl.
-Dunk the Ezekiel bread in the egg mixture for 15 second on each side.
-Cook the Ezekiel bread for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
-Serve warm with toppings of choice.